Breaking Down Barriers / Bridging the Potential
The Breaking Down Barriers – Bridging the Potential Program will help to build strong connections among Indigenous women, to support and empower each other.
Breaking Down the Barriers is a 13 week full time program that will provide Indigenous women with culturally appropriate essential and life skill training, in a supportive environment where your voice is heard and honored.
If you are an Indigenous woman looking to empower yourself and improve your life choices, please call Myra or Shannon at Manitoba Moon Voices at 204-942-1828 for additional information or click here to apply.
Manitoba Moon Voices Inc. in partnership with Creative Manitoba present
“Sounding the Drum-Drum Circle”
Every second Thursday at Thunderbird House MMVI would like to offer the space for members to drum and sing together. With guest speakers, elders, artists, and musicians alike, we will share traditional knowledge and sound the drum!
Coffee and light refreshments at 6pm
Hand Drumming starts at 6:30pm!
RSVP to email@example.com or call Natisha at 204.942.1828
Event is free of charge. Children are welcome unfortunately NO accommodations for child care is available. Parents are responsible for their children at all times, there will be helpers, just ask them if you need!
Manitoba Moon Voices Inc. in partnership with The City of Winnipeg present
Tea With Kookum
From 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm, every second Thursday at Thunderbird House, Kookum Myra Sinclair invites elders and knowledge keepers for tea while they share the language and traditional teachings with women of all ages. Each session, we share on specific themes while bringing back the traditional values within the Indigenous culture. Our schedule is as follows:
- January 11th, 2018: Stories of Wisom and Healing – Betsy Kematch
- January 25th, 2018: Walking with our Bundles – Martina Fisher
- February 8th, 2018: Medicine Teachings – Aldeen Mason
- February 22nd, 2018: Women’s Medicine Teachings – Jackie Cook
- March 1st, 2018: Finding Balance; Male/Female Roles & Responsibilities – Eric Courchene, Sharon Courchene
- March 15th, 2018: Traditional Parenting – Erin Stranger
- April 5th, 2018: Traditional role of the Midwife – Rain Tuesday
- April 19th, 2018: Spring Feast – New Life/New Beginnings – Belinda Vandenbroeck