Manitoba Moon Voices Inc. (MMVI) is a non-profit organization supporting leadership and advancement for/by Indigenous women, two-spirited and gender diverse people in the province of Manitoba.
The Partnerships & Communications Strategist position will build partnerships and collaborate with other grassroots organizations, larger foundations and organizations while identifying opportunities for collaboration, co-development of initiatives and building networks to benefit Indigenous communities. Ensures communications tools are consistence with the MMVI brand, in content and appearance. This position will require extensive knowledge of WordPress web development, the effective use of social media platforms and the implementation of a communications strategy to further the Manitoba Moon Voices Inc. (MMVI) agenda based on the strategic plan. The position reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Two-year diploma in marketing or communications, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience developing, integrating and executing effective partnership and communications plans.
- Determining key target audiences and channels of communication and the development/updating of communication tools.
- Knowledge of issues facing Indigenous Women in Manitoba including child welfare, housing, justice, The National Inquiry into Indigenous Women and Girls and The Calls for Justice.
- Knowledge and understanding of the diversity of culture/spiritual practices of Indigenous women.
- Project leadership for delivery of a yearly communications plan and public relations initiatives training to staff persons.
- Interpersonal communication skills, ability to express ideas clearly, effectively and persuasively, both orally and superior writing skills; on-line communications and social media expertise are required.
- Experience developing marketing and/or communications strategies including on-line communications and social media expertise are required.
- Diverse writing experience including developing and producing branding, visual media materials; composes compelling and persuasive copy including the implementation/design of members only newsletter.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; including Word, Excel, Outlook, Word Press, Internet Explorer and keyboarding skills required with an ability to reporting software managing records of hard copies and computer databases.
- Ability to work co-operatively as a part of an interdisciplinary team of professionals and independently
- Strong leadership, research, analysis and critical thinking skills; ability to work effectively and persuasively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to meet multiple deadlines.
- Required to possess a valid Province of Manitoba Driver’s License.
- Ability to speak an Indigenous language an asset.
Preference will be given to an Indigenous candidate, please self-identify in your cover letter.
Satisfactory criminal record checks, Vulnerable Persons Registry check is required.
Please forward your cover letter, resume and three work related references to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 24, 2020 at 4:00 pm.
Only those who are qualified will be contacted for an interview.